The temperature is falling, and the leaves changing colors. Fall is great time for apple cider as well as planning your fall and winter hot tub maintenance routine.
If you’re not planning to use your hot tub this winter, you will want to properly winterize it. If you will be using your hot tub during the chilly winter months here are some quick tips for maintenance to keep your hot tub working properly. Disclaimer: these are tips for proper care. Please consult your manufacturer recommendations as well.
Regular maintenance is important to extend the life of your spa. And it only takes a few minutes a week.
Weekly Check List:
- Test Chlorine Levels. Be sure they fall between 3-5 mg.
- Test the PH level. You want to be right between 7.2-7.6.
- Is your water foaming? Use Anti Foam. Be sure to follow the instructions on the bottle and use a spray bottle to apply.
If your spa is exposed to the elements, it is also important to care for the cover. Air drying is best when it is possible. We also suggest using cleaners specifically for cover cleaning.
Other reminders for winter maintenance.
Monthly Check List:
- Shock you Hot Tub with a suitable agent for your unit. It’s important to keep your water clean and clear.
Periodic Check List:
- Clean hot tub cover with a cover cleaner.
- Change water
- Replace Hot Tub filters (6 months- 1 year)
Proper hot tub maintenance will help your spa retain its beauty and performance, and ensure it continues to be a source of stress relief, relaxation and family fun for years to come.
If you have questions or want additional information we can supply you with all the information, supplies, and accessories you need.
Want to learn more consider attending our Spa School on November 10, 2011 at the East Syracuse location. RSVP with Angel at 315-463-7727. More details can be found here: Tarson Pools